Learn to Nordic Walk
Have you ever thought about learning to Nordic walk and wondered what all the fuss is about? Then this is the session for you.
You will be trained by Julie, the owner of Strolls With Poles. Julie is an experienced Nordic Walking Instructor and Nordic Walker, so you are in good hands.
The format for the session will be:
- Provided with a set of poles (properly set up according to your height);
- A short introduction about Nordic walking, its benefits and it’s origin;
- Instruction on steps 1-5 of the INWA 10 Step Method ™;
- A 3 mile walk along Alnmouth Beach and
- A cool down/stretching session.
What is Nordic walking?
We wrote a blog entitled “What is Nordic walking?” to explain what Nordic Walking is and the benefits to you.
Why are we walking on the beach?
The beach is an ideal surface to learn the INWA 10 Step Method™ for a few reasons:
1. The surface is flat with no obstacles, which means your posture remains correct without worrying about tripping over;
2. When placing your pole behind you it is much easier to get good purchase to push through the strap to assist your technique;
3. You can check behind you as to whether you are dragging your pole because you will leave a little trail. If you leave a little trail behind you this just means you need to push harder into the strap; and
4. Most importantly, you always have beautiful scenery.
What do I need to bring?
On our website we have a FAQ (Frequently asked questions) section that will provide you with more information.
Please contact us if you have any other queries or questions.