Weldon Bridge and Felton
This walk takes us out Felton along the St Oswald’s Way towards Weldon Bridge, before returning along the River Coquet between Weldon Bridge and Felton.
Places of interest
Weldon Bridge is a small village situated next to the River Coquet and the A697. It is dominated by the 18th Century bridge and the local hostelry, the Angler’s Arms.
The bridge at Weldon Bridge is not the first to be built there. There were several bridges before this 18th century example. It is Grade 1 listed.
Increases in traffic and the resulting damage to the bridge resulted in it being replaced by the more modern bridge just down river. The new bridge was built in 1968/69.
Felton has two bridges crossing the River Coquet. The older bridge dates from the 15th Century and is not open to traffic anymore. The newer bridge replaced this bridge in 1926.
Felton is known for The Running Fox. The Running Fox is a newsagent/ restaurant/coffee shop.